Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ridley Scott + Board Games=?

According to Cinematical.com, Ridley Scott is to direct a movie based off the board game Monopoly. Let it sink in, fester a little. Roll it off your tongue a few times. Wait for it. Wait for it. Yeah, Ridley Scott is playing with board games and I don't get it either. Not at all. I mean, yes Brett Ratner knows no shame and has no talent, but Ridley Scott!? The man who brought Maximus Decimus Meridius to life (if you don't know what that means, staple yourself to a chair and watch Gladiator 20 times, I'll know if you don't) is going to be directing a board game. What's more, according to Cinematical, Scott is planing on giving it a futuristic, Blade Runner-esq sheen. What that means I have not the foggiest clue. I know Scott got bad reviews for Body of Lies, but surely he's not so desperate for work that he felt compelled to make a movie like this. Ridley, you're scaring me hear, if you can sink to such lows, who can't? The mighty really can fall, and ever does my grip on Hollywood as the Titan of entertainment slip even further.

No comments: